Sunday, January 12, 2014

Long distance operator










One of the advantages of returning via a route you've already travelled is knowing the good spots and avoiding the bad spots.
The old Eucla Telegraph Station on the Western Australia/South Australia border is the one place where the dogs can get out and stretch their legs and have a really good run without fear of dog baits or roaming rangers ready to issue a fine. A lovely quarantine inspector at the border recommended it to me when I came across and as you can see by the dogs' expressions of joy the tip was a winner.
They chased rabbits, ran up and down sand dunes, and then chased seagulls in the ocean. I had quite the workout trying to keep up with them, especially through the sand dunes!
I drove 600km that day (a record for me towing the van) and after Eucla the dogs settled in and slept all the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment