Sunday, November 17, 2013

The south west tip

A bad photo of a beautiful 1976 Viscount called 'Wattle'

Another surfing sculpture that caught my eye

The lovely John, Tracey and Gloria outside the 1977 11ft Modern
Here we are in beautiful Augusta, the south west tip of Australia. I've been AWOL for a couple of weeks 'bush camping' along the beautiful southern coast.
Can I just say, Denmark is an absolute treasure of the south west. It had it all. Beautiful beaches (tick), op shops and craft shops (tick), award winning bakery with scotch oven (tick), peaceful river (tick), friendly people (tick), a close community feel (tick).
We mostly camped at Parry Beach, and it was here folks that I finally, finally, saw some other old caravans being put to the use they were intended. I felt right at home amongst the friendly folk at the beach talking and touring old caravans.


3 comments:

  1. lovin' the blog posts!!

    makes me wish I was back on the road though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thanks leone:) Some days I so wish we had our backyard for the dogs though. I'm sitting at Dome cafe in Busselton, both pooches are at my feet all tangled around the chair and table. I'm keeping an eye out for any other dog approaches because I think Louie would pull the whole table over, haha. Pooches say hi and Louie is sending lots of doggie kisses!

      Delete