Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Crossing the Nullarbor



Three days of constant travel took us across the Nullarbor (Nullus arbor - no trees) into Western Australia.
The pups were amazingly good, but I was dog tired!
The first night we free camped along the Great Australian Bight and I cooked chicken and pumpkin over a campfire. It was incredibly windy, but the views were stunning. It makes you feel so small, standing on the edge of a cliff, knowing that the next land mass to the south is Antartica.
I took lots of deep, deep breaths in that mystical place.

3 comments:

  1. So glad you have made it across ......

    it is a long drive, a very long drive! But so many amazing things to see along the way, even when you think there is nothing there.

    Keep smiling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds absolutely incredible, Renee. I hope one day I will see this amazing land.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Leone and Jodi:)
    It was more beautiful than I expected.

    ReplyDelete