Monday, October 28, 2013

Louie's tips for four-legged friends


Yo bitches, studs and my fellow mutts, thought I’d jump online while mum wasn’t looking and let you know what you really need to pack on a long road trip.
1.     Toys. I know this goes without saying, but if you’re like me - can’t live without my best friend and constant companion bad cuz - then make sure it’s in your mouth when you get in the car. If your mum or dad try and take it off you, drop your ears, widen your eyes and give them ‘the look’. Works every time.
2.     More toys. I know, I know, us canines can never have too many toys, but try explaining that to your mum or dad when space is at a premium. My trick for this was hiding them in my bed before the bed was packed. My toy cow Miss Moo is now travelling along with us too!
3.     Tennis balls, or something to chase and fetch. Just because you’re on holidays, doesn’t mean you have to lose your fetching/hunting skills. I like to stay in shape by chasing tennis balls, birds, or sticks if there’s nothing else. Make sure you set aside some time every day with your mum and dad for some throwing and fetching. It will help keep you in shape and make those long distances in the car more relaxing. Thankfully mum likes to follow the mantra of the Dog Whisperer, Cesar Milan: exercise, discipline, affection (it sounds better with a Chihuahua's accent: eggsacisssse, desseepleen, affetchion…)
4.     Treats.  I mean, my behaviour is excellent most of the time – excuse me while I check on Halle, she appears to be choking – but it’s still nice to be rewarded for it. Liver treats, smackos, kabana or cheese, I’m easy to please.
5.     Your favourite bed. Mine is like a little cocoon or igloo with faux leopard print around the edges. At home I have to compete with Halle for the best bed, but on the road she’ll sleep with mum because she can. Sometimes, if the nights get too cold, I like to jump in with them too. It’s not because I’m afraid or anything, it’s just to share warmth okay.

That’s it! Hope that helps all you four-legged travellers out there.
Happy tails.
Louie xxx

3 comments:

  1. hi there Louie, so happy to see photos of you and know that you are having such a wonderful time.

    I love to see all the photos that mum takes of you and Halle too. I can see you are smiling in everyone of them. Well maybe not all, remember the day that halle rolled in something yucky? Well I didn't see any smiles that day. :)

    you take care of Halle and your mum, you are such a big brave boy and John and I miss you very much.

    hugs from us both XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Leone, I miss you and John too!!
      The problem when Halle rolls in something yucky is mum gives me a bath too:(
      I miss my backyard, but it's pretty fun running along beaches.
      See you soon.
      Love Louie xxx

      Delete
  2. Oh, it's a dog's life ;) LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete